Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Fun Stampers's Journey - Gifted Wings


Finally, I had time to sit down and work on this beautiful image that Richard Garay gave me eons ago.  I just love this set.  I decided to stamp it with very pale ink and give it a semi borderless look rather than stamped in black then colored.   I also used a pale ink to stamp a coordinating stamp from the set onto the colored background paper for a perfect coordinated look.
Step 1 - Stamp Image
Stamp image with a pale colored ink (Recommend Distress or Momento)
Step 2 - Background Paper
Stamp Background pale colored background paper with similar colored ink pad.  here I used a pale brown.
Step 3 - Butterfly
Begin coloring the Butterfly with the darkest color closest to the center of the butterfly.  Also be sure to add a dark line on the back layer of each wing.  Copic R59  or Spectrum Noir DR7
Gradually work your way towards the edge of each wing with lighter colors.   Copic: R29, R24, R22 or R20    Spectrum Noir DR5, CR8 and possible a bit of CR3 if room allows.
Step 4 - Jar
Color Glass focusing the darkest colors on the outer side and bottom of glass jar.  I used a variety of colors.
Copic: N2, E42, B000, YR30. & E30
Spectrum Noir: IG1, TN1, FS3
Step 5- Fabric Cover
I started by adding my darkest color in the deep valleys of the fabric folds working my way towards the hills with my lighter colors.
Copic: E37, E35, E33, E30, YR30
Spectrum Noir: TN6, TN4, TN3, TN2, TN1

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.  If you would like to purchase this stamp set you can find it from your local Fun Stampers Journey Coach.

Colorful Hugs,
Jennie




1 comment: