Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Witchy Scruffy kitty

I love this scruffy kitty.  It reminds me of my new puppy, as she is the scruffiest little monster ever with her long legs and puppy hair going in all directions!  She just needs a witch hat. Most of you know that I am not a kitty person as the fur just drives me nuts!  However, a paper kitty is perfect for me as they don't shed (except for a bit of glitter). 

You can find Scraggly Cat HERE the item number is CRM314 and the greeting HERE.  It's quick and easy to color.  Here I used Copics.  V14, V12, V01 for the background first so that I didn't bleed into the black kitty causing a mess.  Let the background dry then start the kitty.  Note that I left the center of her face and body lighter than the edges to create a 3 d appearance.  The lighter color tends to look closer to the viewer's eyes than the darker areas.  For the kitty I used C9, C5, C3 and C1 (darker on the outside of face and body working my way lighter as I got to the center of each area.  Eyes are done with YG03, and YG63.  Of course the fun ground is done with Stampendous Color Fragments Trick or Treat FRC08 they come in so many colors - you can find them HERE. 
 and now a picture of the scruffy puppy  Roxie and my beauty queen Love Bug AKA Bugsie.



2 comments:

  1. Your scruffy cat is fabulous Jennie and love the sentiment and design.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning sweetie, this is just fabulous :0) hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete