Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Copic Classes with Jennie Black - Building Dimension Week 1


Hello,

I have taught many on line courses over the years and have decided to give a few to you for free.  The difference is that I cannot send you kits for the classes.  You can try to print the images that I provide here (when possible) or you can use similar stamps that you already own.  I will also not have a forum where I guarantee free critiquing of your images.  I will however have a private Facebook page where you can post your finished projects for comments with other classmates.  I will pop in here and there for a few comments.

First Video just explains a few basics and explains the materials that you will need.
 
Second video - Basic blending and layering (shading).


Recap from video
Lightest color pen: color image with your lightest color pen
Darkest color pen: add shading in using your darkest color pen.
Medium color pen: blend dark and light together with a medium colored pen.
Lightest color pen: now blend the medium and light colors together using your lightest color pen.
adjust as necessary.

Blank and colored samples.

 

Ok.  That's it for week one.  Your homework is to practice coloring images with layers such as these butterflies.  If you can't print the above blank sheet use a rubber stamp or digital image that you already own.   

If you would like to join the rest of the participants on a private facebook page just friend me and ask for an invite.  I am Jennie Lin Black on Facebook. 

Happy Coloring!
Jennie
 
 NOTE:  The cute butterfly that I used in the video was purchased from Crafters Companion.  I looked today on their website and could not find it... maybe it is out of stock.  Hmmmm.  You can use any butterfly or dragonfly with layered wings.


1 comment: