Friday, April 8, 2016

Awesome Ocean Background &new Stampendous stamps!

WOW! Have you seen the new ocean stamps by Stampendous!  I am over the top thrilled with them.  Not to mention the embossing powder technique that I am addicted to for the background.  Fran showed it to me at CHA and I have just been itching to try it a million times (and have done it a million times).  It's is so fun!  Check out the short video here on how to get this coolest look!   These two sets each come with matching die cuts so you won't have to fussy cut if you don't want to!  Toot Toot!

Ok... so here are the step outs.  First I used a hot plate that I had hanging around taking up room in my kitchen cabinet.  You might find a pancake griddle at Goodwill or thrift store that will work great!  For easy clean up cut a small piece of your craft mat to lay on top.  My little circle one does not have room for a mat. 

First lay your chipboard on hotplate and sprinkle with embossing powders.
Second add a bit of clear embossing powder over your sand to use as glue to hold on the Fragments I used for my sandy ocean floor. Use any color you wish, I prefer the rose or taupe. If the Fragments don't stick, sprinkle on a bit more clear embossing powder.

Here is a quick video to show the steps.  It is so fun, you will be glad you tried it!  Have fun and please share your project with me!


CRS5090_DCS5090_SSC1246_JLB
Embossing Powders: EK22 Beach, Chunky Clear FREG004
Glitter:                                                                                   
Tools: Big Shot, Hot Plate, Scissors, Paper cutter,
Fragments: FRC05
Large Acrylic Handle: ssh46
Printed Paper: Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea
Cardstock: My Colors & chipboard
Coloring Paper: Neenah Super Smooth
Stamping ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives, Zip Dry
Copics:
Shells: E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, R20, R21,
Coral: E41, YR01
Starfish: Yr24, YR21,

Shell: E40, E41, E43, R20
Skin: E11, E00, R20, E000

Hair: E35, YR24, YR21,
Pearl: R00, V01
Seahorse: R22, R24, R21
Green: YG67, YG17, YG03, YG01



Colorful Hugs,

Jennie Black




1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love this technique! I'm not well versed about blogs and hope I can find you again. I signed up, but don't really know what that does....lol Are you on Face Book? I'll look for ya!

    ReplyDelete